Healthy vegetable quiche with avocado crust.
Quiche is easy to make and a great-crowd pleaser for any brunch. The great thing about making quiche is that you can use any leftover vegetables in your fridge. For this quiche I used kale, grape tomatoes, sweet potatoes and onion. I usually will make a quiche on the weekend and then keep the leftovers to heat up through-out the week for a quick, healthy and delicious breakfast. To make the recipe a little healthier, I make my own crust, substituting avocado for butter.
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Grease a pie plate with coconut oil. Set aside. Use a fork to mash your avocado well. In a medium bowl, mix mashed avocado with salt, coconut oil, flour, and water. Press avocado mixture into the greased pie plate. Bake at 300 degrees F for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, chop kale, tomatoes, and onion. I used leftover pre-cooked, sweet potatoes (which are delicious in this) but you can substitute another vegetable if you prefer.
In a large bowl, combine Greek yogurt, water, eggs, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, onion, kale, and cheese. Pour egg mixture into crust. After 10 minutes, remove the pie crust from the oven. Turn up the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake your quiche for 1 hour or until the center is set.
- 1 very ripe avocado
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, plus more for greasing
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup cold water
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- ¼ cup water
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup cooked and chopped sweet potatoes* (see note below)
- ¼ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup of onion, chopped
- ½ cup kale, chopped
- ¾ cup grated sharp provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Grease a pie plate with coconut oil. Set aside.
- Mash avocado and mix avocado in a medium bowl with salt, coconut oil, flour, and water.
- Press avocado mixture into pie plate.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop kale, tomatoes, and onion.
- In a large bowl combine Greek yogurt, water, eggs, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, onion, kale, and cheese.
- Pour egg mixture into crust.
- Turn up oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Bake quiche for 1 hour.
© Carrot Cake Kitchen. Please do not use my images without permission. If you would like to republish this recipe, please re-write it in your own words and link back to this post.