Healthy and delicious Brussels sprouts cooked in coconut oil and ready in under 15 minutes.
First of all, Brussels sprouts? I had no idea that 1-Brussels is capitalized and 2-Brussels is always plural? And while we’re making all these exciting discoveries, most importantly, 3-Brussels sprouts can be delicious if they’re prepared and cooked correctly.
Now that we have that all cleared up…
For starters, you can find Brussels sprouts in the bulk vegetable section of the grocery store, usually near the asparagus. You need about 25-30 Brussels sprouts for four servings. Wash and drain the Brussels sprouts. Peel off the outer, dark green layer, chop off the ends, and chop each Brussels sprout in half (pictured above). Set aside.
Heat coconut oil in a large pan on medium heat until melted (1-2 minutes). Place Brussels sprouts face down in the pan. Toss to coat in coconut oil. Turn heat down to low and cover the pan with a lid. Cook for 8-10 minutes. Stir Brussels sprouts once at the 4-5 minute mark. Take pan off heat and stir in salt and balsamic vinegar.
- 25-30 Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Peel off outer, dark green layer of Brussels sprouts, chop off the ends, and chop in half.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan on medium heat until melted (1-2 minutes).
- Add Brussels sprouts. Toss to coat in coconut oil.
- Turn heat down to low and cover pan.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes. Stir once at the 4 minute mark.
- Take off heat and stir in salt and balsamic vinegar.
© Carrot Cake Kitchen. Please do not use my images without permission. If you would like to republish this recipe, please re-write it in your own words and link back to this post.