Turkey salad with honey-lime vinaigrette. Perfect healthy option for Thanksgiving leftovers!
Happy Thanksgiving weekend! Are you still going through Thanksgiving leftovers at your house? This salad is a perfect place to put some of that extra turkey!
Chop greens, onion, and tomatoes. I used half spinach, half purple lettuce. Thinly slice pear. Toss greens, onion, tomatoes, pear, and turkey in a large bowl. Grate cheese on top. I used sharp provolone, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand. Crumbled goat cheese would also be excellent.
Next is the honey-lime vinaigrette! This is my go-to dressing for guests. The lime, honey and vinegar create a perfect sour-sweet combination. Mix lime juice, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, and honey well in a small bowl. Pour dressing over salad, toss, and serve.
- 5 cups greens (I used half purple lettuce, half spinach)
- ½ medium onion (1/3 cup chopped)
- 2 small tomatoes (1/2 cup chopped)
- 1 pear, thinly sliced
- ⅛ cup grated sharp provolone cheese
- 1 and ½ cups of leftover turkey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (1/2 a lime)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Chop greens, onion, and tomatoes.
- Thinly slice pear.
- Toss greens, onion, tomatoes, pear, and turkey in a large bowl.
- Grate cheese on top.
- Mix lime juice, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, and honey well in a small bowl.
- Pour over salad, toss, and serve.
© Carrot Cake Kitchen. Please do not use my images without permission. If you would like to republish this recipe, please re-write it in your own words and link back to this post.