Five-minute, delicious, chunky guacamole with mango.
Homemade guacamole is an easy (and healthy!) crowd-pleaser appetizer that can be served all year long. The mango gives this classic recipe a delicious twist. It’s important to choose very ripe avocados and mangoes at the grocery store.
Cut the avocados in half. Take out the seed and slice avocado into chunks (pictured above). Scoop out with a spoon and place avocado in a medium bowl. Dice tomatoes, onion, and cilantro. Add to bowl.
Do you know this easy way to cut mangoes (pictured above)? I learned how to cut mangoes like this a few years ago when I spent the summer in Manila. This makes the mango easy to cut, it’s mess-free, and the mango comes out in cute little cubes! Slice ends off mango vertically. Use a knife to slice into cubes. Use a spoon to scoop out cubes. Place in bowl.
Add in lime, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat. Serve with tortilla chips…and margaritas? 🙂 Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- 3 very ripe avocados
- 2 medium tomatoes (1 cup diced)
- ½ medium onion (1/3 cup diced)
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 very ripe mango
- ½ lime (1 tablespoon of juice)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Cut avocados in half. Take out the seed and slice avocado into chunks. Scoop out with a spoon. Place in a medium bowl.
- Dice tomatoes, onion, and cilantro. Add to bowl.
- Slice ends off mango. Use a knife to slice into cubes. Use a spoon to scoop out chunks. Place in bowl.
- Add in lime, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
© Carrot Cake Kitchen. Please do not use my images without permission. If you would like to republish this recipe, please re-write it in your own words and link back to this post.