My personal favorite go-to salad! Greens, fresh fruit, blue cheese, and sunflower seeds.
Today I’m sharing my favorite salad recipe! Great by itself as an appetizer, you can also add grilled chicken or salmon to make it a meal! You will soon be addicted to the delicious sweet, salty, healthy combination this salad provides.
Chop your lettuce and spinach. Place in a large bowl. Chop a medium apple into small cubes and add to salad(pictured above). Add blueberries, craisins, sunflower seeds, and cheese to salad. Set aside.
For my dressing I use ginger paste (pictured above). You can find it in the produce section near the fresh herbs. If you don’t have access to any ginger paste you can use ground ginger instead. In a small bowl combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, agave, lime, and ginger paste until well combined. Drizzle over salad, toss, and serve.
- 2 cups lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup craisins
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup blue cheese or goat cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅛ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- ½ tablespoon agave
- 2 teaspoons lime
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste (or ½ teaspoon ginger powder)
- Chop lettuce and spinach. Place in a large bowl.
- Chop a medium apple into small cubes, add to salad.
- Add blueberries, craisins, sunflower seeds, and cheese to salad.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, agave, lime, and ginger paste until well combined.
- Drizzle over salad, toss, and serve.
© Carrot Cake Kitchen. Please do not use my images without permission. If you would like to republish this recipe, please re-write it in your own words and link back to this post.