Today is my first my post! I’m excited to start sharing recipes and to learn about blogging and photography along the way.
Today’s salad is easy, healthy, and delicious. I recommend chopping all your fruits and vegetables first for easy and swift salad construction.
- 3 cups of chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup of chopped kale
- ⅓ cup of diced onion
- ½ cup of diced apple (about ½ an apple)
- 1 whole carrot
- ⅓ cup of sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup of Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup of olive oil
- ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
- ½ lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine chopped lettuce and kale in a large bowl. Toss the greens together.
- Add diced onion and apple to salad bowl.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shred the carrot and add to salad bowl.
- Add sunflower seeds and Parmesan cheese to top off salad.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and lime juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.